The Graduate Student Council invites applications for a graduating Master’s or Ph.D. student to speak at the commencement ceremony on May 25th. The closing date for applications is March 14th at 9pm.
The application for 2013 Commencement Speaker is in two parts:
(a) Complete the application form above.
(b) Email a current CV or Resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date:March 14th, 2014. 9 pm.
NB: All nominees should plan on being able to perform a five minute excerpt of their speech at the April GSC General meeting on Wednesday, April 2nd.
- The Nominations Committee of the GSC will receive and review applications, and will invite a long-list of candidates for initial interview.
- For this initial interview, candidates will be questioned on their previous speaking experience and expected to deliver a 5-minute snippet of their speech.
- The Nominations Committee will then select a short-list of three candidates who will be invited to deliver a draft of their speech before the full GSC general meeting on Wednesday, April 2nd. The meeting will start at 7pm at the graduate lounge.
- The 2014 Graduate Commencement Speaker will be elected by theGSC’s voting membership present at this meeting.
- Following their selection, the successful candidate will be expected to work with Graduate School staff on the further development of their address and in practicing their delivery.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact VP Lakshmi Padmanabhan.